Financial Aid / Helpful Information

Financial Aid Information - click for more information

Employment Manitoba

Employment Manitoba delivers a full range of employment and training services to residents of Manitoba.  Internationally Educated Professionals in need of assistance to re-enter their professions may be eligible for financial supports to help pay for costs, such as tuition, books and living expenses.  To learn moe about these supports and eligibility requirements, please visit an Employment Manitoba Centre in person.  Go to to find Employment Manitoba Centre near you.

Recognition Counts

Recognition Couns is  program that provides supports to skilled immigrants wishing to work in their fields of expertise in Manitoba.  The program offers career and financial counselling, as well as the opportunity to apply for a loan up to $10,000 to help with the costs associated with gaining employment in a profession or trade.  To learn more visit:

Manitoba Student Aid

Manitoba Student Aid is a supplemental financial assistance program for Manitobans who do not have sufficient resources to pay for their post-secondary education on their own.  They provide various types of funding on behalf of the Manitoba Student Aid Program and the Canada Student Loans and Grants Programs.  This funding includes repayable government student loans and non-repayabl grants and/or bursaries.  All applications are assessed to determine eligibility and financial need.  To learn more, visit

Further Education:

The Red River College is now accepting applications for the Communications for Internationally Educated Health Professionals (CIEHP) program fall session (September 9 to November 26, 2015).  The focus of the CIEHP will be on language, culture and communication in the Canadian Health Care Context.  Skills-building in speaking and listening will be emphasized.  The CIEHP is a 'blended' program of 10 hours/week for 12 weeks (40% online and 60% face-to-face).

Application information and other details are now available on its website:


This section contains information and links to assist you in the registration process.

* How to Immigrate to Manitoba.

* What does a dietitian do in Manitoba?

* Need assistance in completing your resume?

* Foreign Credential Recognition Report (Government of Canada)

* Language Assessment and Training Programs

* Manitoba Start

Manitoba start serves immigrants who are settling in Winnipeg as permanent residents.  For more information about their services, please visit:

* Employment Opportunities - Hospitals / Healthcare Facilities